Thursday, December 13, 2012

I will keep you and will make you to be a covenant for the people and a light for the Gentiles, to open eyes that are blind, to free captives from prison and to release from the dungeon those who sit in darkness.

Isaiah 42

I will keep you and will make you
to be a covenant for the people
and a light for the Gentiles,
to open eyes that are blind,
to free captives from prison
and to release from the dungeon those who sit in darkness. v6-7

I exist to glorify God and one of the ways I can glorify is to seek and save the lost - in this passage the Gentiles. 

"For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost.” Luke 19:10

I am challenged to do my part to seek and save the lost.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, I was once lost but now am found as the hymn says.  You are so gracious, gentle and full of kindness and compassion.  I am not worthy of the love You have for me yet You love me anyway and You take my hand.  Thank You Jesus.  Please forgive me for my sloth....my lack of activity in many areas including my role as spiritual head of the household and also as one who is called to help you seek and save the lost.  Give me courage and boldness.  Give me energy.  Help me so that Your desires are my desires and so that I can do Your handiwork and serve Your purpose.