Saturday, December 8, 2012

Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you, therefore he will rise up to show you compassion. For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him!

Isaiah 30

Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you;
    therefore he will rise up to show you compassion.
For the Lord is a God of justice.
    Blessed are all who wait for him! v18

Amazing that despite how we disappoint God, how He still longs to forgive us and to show us grace and compassion.  As it is said earlier in this chapter:

This is what the Sovereign Lord, the Holy One of Israel, says:

“In repentance and rest is your salvation,
    in quietness and trust is your strength,
    but you would have none of it. v15

Even though we would have "none of it" God is still available and waiting for us to repent and will take us back anytime - no shame!  Thus the story of the Prodigal Son.

My Prayer: Lord, You are so awesome!  How amazing that you are so full of grace, patient, compassion, etc.  You are the vine that will never stop producing (over) abundance of fruit!  I need You badly Lord because of my sin.  I am lazy.  Thank You for Your patience and love for me despite what I have done and continue to do.  Please forgive me for laziness.  Help me so that Your desires are my desires.  Transform both my heart and my life.