Thursday, December 6, 2012

“These people come near to me with their mouth and honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. Their worship of me is based on merely human rules they have been taught.

Isaiah 29

“These people come near to me with their mouth
    and honor me with their lips,
    but their hearts are far from me.
Their worship of me
    is based on merely human rules they have been taught." v13

 Am I this way with the Lord.   In many ways I must assess myself as saying yes....sadly enough.  The Lord God says that the most important command is to love the Lord Your God with all of Your heart, mind and soul.

34 Hearing that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, the Pharisees got together. 35 One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question: 36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”
 
37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.] 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”  Matthew 22:37-40

Another way of asking this question - am I everything that Jesus wants me to be.  

When I look closely, using books like this which I have read, I say not....Jesus please help me be like You in every way you desire for me.

My Prayer: Lord, You are perfect - nothing needs to be added or taken away from You.  Yet I am not, and I need Your help.  I need You in my life.  I know You love me and I thank You that You do, but please forgive me that I am not all that ask of me.  Please help me continue to push forward with growth in Christ.