Monday, November 11, 2013

"What goes into someone’s mouth does not defile them, but what comes out of their mouth, that is what defiles them.”

Matthew 15

"What goes into someone’s mouth does not defile them, but what comes out of their mouth, that is what defiles them.” v11

I have often read about Jesus wants us to to speak encouraging words and He knows how our mouths often don't and this reflects our heart condition.

Although Jesus has worked miracles in softening my heart and controlling my tongue, I continue to need help in this area.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are great God full of mercy, compassion and patience for me.  I am not deserving of such blessing because I continue to be harsh with my words.  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me for my sin and help me turn from this sin.  Help me be the man You intend me to be.