Friday, November 8, 2013

“Lord, if it’s you,” Peter replied, “tell me to come to you on the water.”

Matthew 14

“Lord, if it’s you,” Peter replied, “tell me to come to you on the water.” v28

When all the disciples saw someone they did not know walking on the water, they were terrified.  Jesus quells their fear and Peter, with a child like faith says "more"...in the same way that a child when does when a parent does something cool the child says "daddy, more!".  I am not sure what the other disciples felt but you can get a clue by reading in Mark 6:

They were completely amazed, for they had not understood about the loaves; their hearts were hardened. Mark 6:51-52

It's difficult for a child to have a hardened heart and Jesus wants us to yearn for Him in the same way that Peter yearns for Jesus.

My Prayer:  Jesus, You are truly and amazing God and You never cease to amaze me.  You creation and Your works are all miracles beyond my words and imagination and again I know You are an active, loving caring God that is working in my life all the time.  Thank You Jesus!  I am not worthy of such love and blessing.  I am easily distracted by earthly and worldly concerns, I am selfish, and I am critical of others.  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me and help me turn from these sins. Help me also be the man You intend for me.