Thursday, November 21, 2013

"For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father’s glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what they have done."

Matthew 16

"For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father’s glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what they have done." v27

As I sit here thinking about how I can have a more interesting job, I SHOULD be thinking about how I can be more pleasing to the Lord with what I do with my time here on earth.

As I have learned in BSF, Jesus demands that He is our #1 priority.  In fact in Matthew 22, it says:

Hearing that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, the Pharisees got together. One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question: “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”
 
Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. Matthew 22:34-38

In addition, we are to DO not just believe as it states in James:


Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like someone who looks at his face in a mirror and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. But whoever looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues in it—not forgetting what they have heard, but doing it—they will be blessed in what they do. James 1:22-25

It also says in Luke to be a lamp on a stand versus a lamp under a table:

“No one lights a lamp and hides it in a clay jar or puts it under a bed. Instead, they put it on a stand, so that those who come in can see the light.  Luke 8:16

 It must be clear that I am both a believer and a do-er.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an amazing God full of love for me and You act out of love for me every day - You are an active and living God that is always at work for me and for all of Your children.  I am not deserving of such rich blessing and love.  I am lazy and not in action for You Jesus.  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me and help me turn from such sin.  Help me be the man You intend for me Jesus. Help me both believe and act in Your name