Monday, November 18, 2013

"But be on your guard against the yeast of the Pharisees and Sadducees.”

Matthew 16

"But be on your guard against the yeast of the Pharisees and Sadducees.” v11

Jesus here talks about false teachings and false prophets.  Yet I can deceive myself, so in a way I am my own false prophet and false teacher based on how I misunderstand or misuse God's word.  This is dangerous and it is even one of the ten commandments:

“You shall not misuse the name of the Lord your God, for the Lord will not hold anyone guiltless who misuses his name." Exodus 20:7

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are the one and only true God, the source of all truth and knowledge. As it says in James 1:17 every good and perfect gift comes from above.  I need not go anywhere else for truth nor should I trust in myself for truth.  Yet I often do and this is sin.  Thank You that You love me anyway but Lord Jesus please forgive me.  Help me find truth only in You.  Help me be the man You intend for me.