Tuesday, November 19, 2013

“Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by my Father in heaven."

Matthew 16

“Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by my Father in heaven." v17

God imparts truth...and only God.  Truth does not come from flesh and blood but only from God.  We may think that truth comes from books or people but it does not...it comes from God.  Science and God can co-exist and we must understand that God provides those who forward science with their abilities to reason.

In 1 Corinthians 12, Paul writes about how God distributes all spiritual gifts and how He creates the church as a body for all of these gifts to work together as a healthy body.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are truth and all comes from You.  Everything...You are all knowing and almighty.  You don't need me...yet You love me and even died for me.  You are an active, loving, and patient God.  I am not worthy of such love and blessing.  I think highly of myself - too highly.  I am full of pride.  Thank You that You love me anyway Jesus but please forgive me and help me turn from this sin.  Help me be the man You intend for me.