Friday, July 29, 2016

For great is his love toward us, and the faithfulness of the Lord endures forever.

Psalm 117

For great is his love toward us, and the faithfulness of the Lord endures forever. v2

Of God's many attributes, He is faithful.  Faithful is defined as "deserving trust : keeping your promises or doing what you are supposed to do".  Indeed God is worthy of our trust.  He is all knowing, all seeing, and all powerful - He keeps His promises because He can - He is able.  He also is trustworthy because He has a track record - I am not aware of any promise He has made that He failed to keep.

For no word from God will ever fail. Luke 1:37

My Prayer: Lord, You are a great God full of love and compassion.  You also keep Your promises.  What a great God You are.  Thank You for Your love and faithfulness to me - I am not worthy of such love.  Please forgive me for my lack of love, trust and faith in You...I worry too much.  Help me overcome and turn from such sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal her of her cancer and the side effects from chemo. Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach, and Dustin...and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.