Monday, July 4, 2016

With God we will gain the victory, and he will trample down our enemies.

Psalm 108

With God we will gain the victory, and he will trample down our enemies. v13

We have many enemies - whether they be temptation and sin, or fear, doubts, worries that lead to temptation and sin.

Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. 1 Peter 5:8 

Yet we have a God who has overcome sin and death so that we may be free from the power sin and death has over us.  God has more for us!  Thank You Jesus!

I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” John 16:33

God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God. 2 Corinthians 5:21

My Prayer:  Lord, You are an awesome God full of love and compassion for Your children, regardless of where we are and how broken we are!  Thank You Jesus!  I am not worth such a God - a God who is with me always.  I am broken - yet with You I am a new creation.  Thank You Jesus!  Forgive me for my sin and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure Lisa of her cancer and the side effects from chemo.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin...and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.