Sunday, July 31, 2016

Shouts of joy and victory resound in the tents of the righteous: "The Lord’s right hand has done mighty things! The Lord’s right hand is lifted high; the Lord’s right hand has done mighty things!” I will not die but live, and will proclaim what the Lord has done.

Psalm 118

Shouts of joy and victory resound in the tents of the righteous: "The Lord’s right hand has done mighty things! The Lord’s right hand is lifted high; the Lord’s right hand has done mighty things!”  I will not die but live, and will proclaim what the Lord has done. v15-17

Lord, what an awesome God You are!  You HAVE done mighty things - You have rescued me from my sin and given me new life - In Jesus Christ!  Thank You God!  And I know that You are in all things (Colossians 1:16-18) and every good and perfect gift comes from above (James 1:17) - whether it is large or small all these things are from the Lord and He is worthy of my praise and worship, and worthy of my full attention, devotion, and love.  What a mighty God I have.

My Prayer: You are an awesome God and You have blessed me richly - far more than I deserve.  Thank You Jesus.  I am not worth such love and blessings.  I worry and am disobedient.  Please forgive me and help me turn from and overcome my sin, and turn towards You instead.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of her cancer and the side effects from chemo.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach, and Dustin...and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.