Saturday, July 30, 2016

It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in humans. It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in princes.

Psalm 118

It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in humans. It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in princes. v8-9

I often believe I have "bad" days or "bad" experiences either through my own doing or through the acts of others.  Yet here in these verses I am challenged to instead believe that God alone is in control (Colossians 1:16-18) and that the circumstances in which I find myself are of His doing, for His good and purpose and that God loves me.   I should not rely on myself or others but instead on the Lord and trust in Him.

Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Song: In Christ Alone

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, what a great God You are!  You created all things, are in all things, and hold all things together.  You don't need me - yet You redeem me and my sin and use it for Your glory and purpose.  You bless me even though I am undeserving.  Thank You Jesus but please forgive me and help me overcome my sin (bad attitude) and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her cancer and the side effects from chemo.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach, and Dustin...and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.