Monday, July 25, 2016

Good will come to those who are generous and lend freely, who conduct their affairs with justice.

Psalm 112

Good will come to those who are generous and lend freely, who conduct their affairs with justice. v5

God's words often contradict those of the world.  Here we are reminded that generosity blesses us, in particular when this generosity is done cheerfully and freely.  Interesting that this is paired with a promise that this verse also promises that the blessings come to those who are generous and who "conduct their affairs with justice", assuming the two work together.  A definition of justice here indicates justice as an assignment of rewards or punishment.  We are called on to be cheerful givers and good stewards of what God places in our trust.  Critical to this is for us to understand God and His will for us (Romans 12:2).

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are a great God full of love, gentleness, compassion, etc. for me even though I am not deserving.  I am harsh and impatient with others.  Thank You Jesus but please forgive me!  Help me overcome such sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength. Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure Lisa of her cancer and the side effects from chemo.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach, and Dustin...and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.