Monday, August 1, 2016

The stone the builders rejected has become the cornerstone...

Psalm 118

The stone the builders rejected has become the cornerstone...v22

 Jesus is also prophesied in verse 15 with the reference "right hand of God".  Go here for where Jesus is referred to as the "right hand of God" in the New Testament.
 
Prophecies of Jesus are important because:
- they reinforce the case that Jesus is God because He is written about hundreds of years earlier then His birth; He is the Messiah written about and anticipated.
- they connect the Old and the New Testament and reinforce that You cannot read one without the other; together they comprise a single writing of God's Word

Of course there may be other reasons for why prophecies of Jesus are important. 

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, I KNOW that You are God.  Not just because You were anticipated and written about but because I have experienced Your power as my personal Lord and savior.  Thank You Jesus for the many blessings You pour out for me and for pouring out Your blood for me.  I am not worth such love.  I worry...I have harsh thoughts and actions.  Please forgive me and help me overcome and turn from my sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength. Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of her cancer and the side effects from chemo.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin...and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.