Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Great peace have those who love your law, and nothing can make them stumble.

Psalm 119

Great peace have those who love your law, and nothing can make them stumble. v165

One thing is for sure that my love of God's Word has grown.  I do love God and His Word but I still often worry and stress out...of course this means I am falling short of God's greatest command from Matthew 22:37-38: 

Jesus replied: ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment.

Yet I know that our relationship with Jesus is one of a journey where God directs us (see biblical references in this Psalm alone to path, footsteps, etc.), and that we are running a race (Acts 20:24, 1 Corinthians 9:24, 2 Timothy 4:7) and that we should run this race with endurance and persistence (Hebrews 12:1).  The implication is that we are to expend all of our energy and effort.  We don't walk, we run.  We may stumble from an earthly perspective, but when we run with God, He directs our steps and is in control.  Any stumble we experience is designed or allowed by God as part of His plan....


And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an amazing God, and I know You love me in ways that words cannot describe.  Thank You Jesus.  I am not worth such love.  I am weak, and broken.  Please forgive me for my worry and stress.  Help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Help me continue to run the race You set out before me.  Help me run with endurance.  Help me focus on the eternal.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of her cancer and the side effects from chemo.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach, and Dustin, and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.