Thursday, August 18, 2016

Because I love your commands more than gold, more than pure gold, and because I consider all your precepts right, I hate every wrong path.

Psalm 119

Because I love your commands more than gold, more than pure gold, and because I consider all your precepts right, I hate every wrong path. v127-128

God protects us from sin just as He did with Jesus in the wilderness.

Your statutes are wonderful;
    therefore I obey them.
The unfolding of your words gives light;
    it gives understanding to the simple.

I open my mouth and pant,
    longing for your commands.
Turn to me and have mercy on me,
    as you always do to those who love your name.
Direct my footsteps according to your word;
    let no sin rule over me. v129-133

Rick Warren reminds us that everyone needs light, both physical and spiritual.  Jesus is that light.  

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are the light of my life...You direct my footsteps, give me understanding, and so much more...thank You for being my God!  I can do no good things without You.  I am desperate for You.  I need You for forgiveness as my worry persists.  Please forgive me.  Help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of her cancer and the side effects from chemo.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin...and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.