Friday, August 12, 2016

How long must your servant wait? When will you punish my persecutors?

Psalm 119

How long must your servant wait? When will you punish my persecutors? v84

I often see the behavior of others, particularly in the context of what they may do to me, and judge others, hoping that perhaps God will intervene to punish them.  Yet judgement is not mine - it is God's and it will come to all, including believers.


Let the one who does wrong continue to do wrong; let the vile person continue to be vile; let the one who does right continue to do right; and let the holy person continue to be holy.”

“Look, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done.  Revelation 22:11-12

There is both comfort (that ultimately perfect judgement from God awaits) and fear (a good fear - one that breeds respect of God's sovereignty and power) in these verses.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, what an awesome God You are!  You are perfect in all ways, all of the time!  I am nothing without You as I know apart from You I can do no good things and You provide for my every need.  Thank You Jesus!  I love You Jesus and I am desperate for You as I am broken.  I worry and I am easily distracted by the things of this world.  Please forgive me and help me turn from such sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do. Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of her cancer and the side effects from chemo.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin...and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.