Tuesday, August 16, 2016

You are my refuge and my shield; I have put my hope in your word.

Psalm 119

You are my refuge and my shield; I have put my hope in your word. v114

Where is my hope?  Too often I place my hope in financial security, or in my own abilities, or on the actions of others.  Instead I should place all of my hope in God.  He is the only one who can do anything, at any time.  He is all knowing.  And His motives are pure - He loves me and He promises me that He will never harm me and that He will "prosper" me  and to give me "hope and a future" (Jeremiah 29:11).  And God always keeps His promises (Luke 1:37).

What an awesome God we have!

My Prayer: Lord You are my hope and my shield.  You encourage and protect me from harm - thank You Jesus these blessings and many more!  I am undeserving of such blessings - I worry far too much.  That I do it at all is a sin.  Please forgive me and help me overcome and turn from my sin.  Help me turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of her cancer and the side effects from chemo.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin...and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.