Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Our help is in the name of the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.

Psalm 124

Our help is in the name of the Lordthe Maker of heaven and earth. v8

When we have troubles we too often rely on ourselves, things, or people to ease our worries and to resolve difficult matters.  I am just as guilty of this sin as anyone else.  I must rely on God and God alone, and He will provide us with all our needs and see us through all challenges.  We must also see how these challenges are either allowed by God or created by God to grow, discipline and train us.

Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. Matthew 7:24-25


Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. Romans 5:3-4
 
My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are all I need...no good things exist apart from You.  Thank You for how You bless me beyond what I deserve.  I fall short of the Glory of God...I worry, I am selfish, etc.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of her cancer and the side effects from chemo.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach, and Dustin...and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.