Wednesday, August 24, 2016

I call on the Lord in my distress, and he answers me.

Psalm 120

I call on the Lord in my distress, and he answers me. v1

What is important to note here is not that God gives does not always give us the answer we want but that He will always hear our cry and respond. "Heard my cry" (or similar) appears in the Bible in twelve places, including in other Psalms.  The most often referred to scripture where these words appear is when God hears the plea of the Israelites during their suffering in Egypt.

The Lord said, “I have indeed seen the misery of my people in Egypt. I have heard them crying out because of their slave drivers, and I am concerned about their suffering. Exodus 3:7

Yet God may not and often does not provide the response we want.  We must make every effort to understand what God is doing in our lives during those times when we don't get the response we want.


For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the Lord. Isaiah 55:8


There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens[.] Ecclesiastes 3:1

My Prayer: Lord, You are great and You always hear my cry.  I know that You love me and that Your response is never for harm but to prosper me and to give me hope and a future.  Thank You Jesus.  I am not worth such love.  I worry - please forgive me.  Help me turn from such sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of her cancer and the side effects from chemo.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach, and Dustin, and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.