Monday, August 29, 2016

Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: “May those who love you be secure."

Psalm 122

Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: “May those who love you be secure." v6

Peace within the church is important.  It starts with your own heart with regards to feelings about the church - and in this regard, I have often found myself in need of forgiveness in light of sinful criticism of the church.  Feedback is often valuable but I have complained...in this of course is complaining about God Himself.  Strength in the church relies on church discipline, peace and love...we will and can have sin, conflict, and disagreements in the church, but it must be dealt with in a peaceful and loving manner.  We must submit to church leadership.  God places these leaders in our lives. On a related note, this is true of other earthly leaders in our lives, whether that be in the workplace, teachers, in our government, etc.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God and You have placed great men of faith in my life that have encouraged me greatly and pushed me to grow closer to You and to be more like You.  Thank You Jesus!  I am not worth such love and blessing.  I have complained and grumbled far too often - forgive me Jesus and help me turn from such sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of her cancer and the side effects from chemo.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach, and Dustin...and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.