Monday, August 22, 2016

All your words are true; all your righteous laws are eternal.

Psalm 119

All your words are true; all your righteous laws are eternal. v160

In world where standards - moral, ethical, educational, etc. - keep shifting or eroding,  God stands alone as the source of truth that never changes.  He is eternal and everything about Him is eternal, including His character and His attributes.

Luke 1:37 says: "For no word from God will ever fail".


Earlier in this Psalm it says: 
 
Your faithfulness continues through all generations; you established the earth, and it endures. v90
 
James 1:17 says God "does not change like shifting shadows."
 
While our circumstances constantly change, a strong faith and trust in God will prevent us from being shaken.

If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. James 1:5-6
 
Of course, when we better understand God and become more like Him (Romans 12:2)our ability to stand firm in our faith SHOULD grow.  
 
See also biblical references to "not shaken". 
 
My Prayer: Lord, You are truth and light in world of darkness...without You I would be lost.  Thank You for being my light, my God, my Lord and Savior.  I am not worth Your love because I continue to worry far too much.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome my sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength. Please heal her of her cancer and the side effects from chemo. Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach, and Dustin...and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.