Wednesday, August 17, 2016

I am your servant; give me discernment that I may understand your statutes.

Psalm 119

I am your servant; give me discernment that I may understand your statutes. v125

I know that " [e]very good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." (James 1:17), including faith, and wisdom.  Yet we cannot access this wisdom without taking the time to read/study God's Word and to be in prayer...and we must do both of these spiritual disciplines daily

 Then he said to them all: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me. Luke 9:23

Give us each day our daily bread. Luke 11:3

Blessed are those who listen to me, watching daily at my doors[.] Proverbs 8:34
 
Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. Romans 12:2
 
My Prayer: Lord Jesus, what an incredible God You are that give me wisdom in difficult circumstances...every day, all day.  Without You I would be lost - You are truly a "lamp unto my feet" and "apart from You I would have no good thing"!  Thank You Jesus.  Yet I am not worth these blessings as I separate myself from You with my sin - worry, stress, distraction, etc.  Please forgive me for these sins and help me overcome and turn from my sins towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of her cancer and the side effects from chemo.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach, and Dustin...and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.