Tuesday, August 2, 2016

I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.

Psalm 119

I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you. v11

In Romans 12:2, Paul tells us that we should "not conform to the patterns of this world but be transformed by the renewing of the mind".  We are to do this not just to "test and approve what God’s will is", but also to protect ourselves from sin and temptation.  In Matthew 4 and Luke 4, Jesus protects himself from sin and temptation by recalling scripture from memory.  

A post here by John Piper and here by Rick Warren encourage me to focus more of my energies on scriptural memorization.  Both posts are great reads.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God worthy of my full attention and all of my energies.  You are all powerful, all knowing...and You love me.  Thank You Jesus!  I am not worthy of such love.  I am easily distracted by things of this world.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me turn from such sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of her cancer and the side effects from chemo.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach, and Dustin..and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.