Tuesday, February 12, 2019

For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will save it.

Luke 9

For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will save it. v24

We may all have plans and desires for our lives but those plans and desires must be aligned with God, otherwise we end up serving another God and such a life leads to destruction and damnation. 

Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. Matthew 7:13

Therefore, our focus should be an identity and purpose found in and through Christ.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an amazing God and You have given me life, and life to the full - thank You Jesus!  I am undeserving of such a life.  I daily miss the mark.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.