Friday, February 8, 2019

While Jesus was still speaking, someone came from the house of Jairus, the synagogue leader. “Your daughter is dead,” he said. “Don’t bother the teacher anymore.”

Luke 8

While Jesus was still speaking, someone came from the house of Jairus, the synagogue leader. “Your daughter is dead,” he said. “Don’t bother the teacher anymore.” v49

We all, from time to time, want to throw in the towel with regards to our faith.  Yet this story (v40-42,49-56) reminds us that Jesus will meet us where we are at to encourage us to keep going and believe. I am also reminded of the story of Job, who never lost faith but whose faith was refined.

See also this post from John Piper.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an amazing God who is always there and always encouraging me through good and bad times! Thank You Jesus - I am undeserving of such a God.  I daily miss the mark and I am often distracted by worry and cares of this world.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from such sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others. Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.