Friday, February 22, 2019

Then it goes and takes seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there. And the final condition of that person is worse than the first.

Luke 11

Then it goes and takes seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there. And the final condition of that person is worse than the first. v26

Our spiritual state is always under attack from the dark forces of this world - just as we may feel "clean", "blessed", or "filled" we must be on guard against apathy as we should be daily and vigorously seeking Jesus.

Check out this commentary which encourages us to avoid leaving our house "empty" (in reference to v25) - the commentary recommends that we be filled with the Word and the Spirit lest to avoid being overrun from Satan's influences.

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled. Matthew 5:6

There is power in being filled with the Spirit of God and the Holy Spirit.

After they prayed, the place where they were meeting was shaken. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and spoke the word of God boldly. Acts 4:31

You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. Jeremiah 29:13

My Prayer:  Lord Jesus, You are an amazing God and You have filled me with blessings and fruits of the Spirit!  Thank You Jesus!  I am undeserving of such blessings.  I daily miss the mark - please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.