Thursday, February 7, 2019

Then the woman, seeing that she could not go unnoticed, came trembling and fell at his feet. In the presence of all the people, she told why she had touched him and how she had been instantly healed.

Luke 8

Then the woman, seeing that she could not go unnoticed, came trembling and fell at his feet. In the presence of all the people, she told why she had touched him and how she had been instantly healed. v47

Once again we have another event that is accounted for in all of the Synoptic Gospels.  While Luke's version does not include all details of her mindset, both Matthew and Mark include the following:

She said to herself, “If I only touch his cloak, I will be healed.” Matthew 9:21

She had suffered a great deal under the care of many doctors and had spent all she had, yet instead of getting better she grew worse. When she heard about Jesus, she came up behind him in the crowd and touched his cloak, because she thought, “If I just touch his clothes, I will be healed. Mark 5:26-28

I am reminded of scripture that talks about the power of even a little faith: 

Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you. Matthew 17:20  

See also Matthew 13:31-32.

We must move from wanting to believe to believing, and then acting on that belief to take the time to grow closer to God.  If we draw close to God, He will draw close to us

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness for they will be filled. Matthew 5:6

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an amazing God who loves me and who has blessed me beyond my imagination - my cup overflows!  Thank You Jesus - I am undeserving of such blessing.  I daily miss the mark and I am often distracted by worry and cares of this world.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from such sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others. Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.