Monday, February 25, 2019

Then the Lord said to him, Now then, you Pharisees clean the outside of the cup and dish, but inside you are full of greed and wickedness.

Luke 11

Then the Lord said to him, Now then, you Pharisees clean the outside of the cup and dish, but inside you are full of greed and wickedness. v39

Jesus is admonishing the Pharisees for their focus on external cleanliness/behavior (vs spiritual purity), lack of compassion for the poor/those in need, and for the harsh treatment/death of prophets over the course of history (Old Testament).

Jesus wants us to be clean/pure spiritually, to have love/compassion for everyone (love others as yourselves), and to honor those sent by God - of course this includes Jesus Himself!

Much of the focus of this messages dovetails messages from posts over the past few days, including yesterday and Friday regarding how we fill ourselves with the Word of God and the Holy Spirit vs influences of the world.  We need to avoid leaving our house empty for the dark forces of this world to fill the void.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an amazing God who loves me and who has provided Your Son, The Holy Spirit, Your Word, The Church, my family, and my brothers and sisters in Christ - all of whom support, encourage and hold me accountable during my journey with You.  Thank You Jesus!  I am not deserving of such blessings.  I daily miss the mark.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior. Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin. Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.