Saturday, May 29, 2021

[F]or I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me, declaring the end from the beginning and from ancient times things not yet done, saying, ‘My counsel shall stand, and I will accomplish all my purpose[.]’

[F]or I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me, declaring the end from the beginning and from ancient times things not yet done, saying, ‘My counsel shall stand, and I will accomplish all my purpose[.]’ Isaiah 46:9-10

This afternoon, I completed John Piper's Reading the Bible Supernaturally: Seeing and Savoring the Glory of God in Scripture, moving on beyond the final chapter (27) covered yesterday to the conclusion.  Here, Piper leaves us with a few encouraging statements to recap his book.  His dismisses those across the ages who see the Bible as less than perfect in its structure and presentation.  Piper writes that "God knew exactly what he was doing when he inspired all of these diverse authors and diverse writings that we have in this one inspired book?  That is what I believe." He is prayerful that "many would turn from [this] book to God's book with new zeal and aggressive attentiveness and active reading.  We are to "pursue the natural act of reading the Bible supernaturally."  Finally, Piper invites us to join him as "[i]t is the only way for your life to be of lasting service to the world, and for your work to show forth the glory of God, and for your soul to be fully satisfied forever."  

 

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are amazing God and Your Word IS perfect and it is You and You provide it for me to help me see and savor Your Glory and for me to grow in my understanding and love of You - thank You Jesus!  I am not deserving of how You provide You Word for me and for You bless me in immeasurable ways! My sin continues...worry, etc.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.