Friday, November 26, 2021

By faith he went to live in the land of promise, as in a foreign land, living in tents with Isaac and Jacob, heirs with him of the same promise. For he was looking forward to the city that has foundations, whose designer and builder is God.

Leviticus 25

By faith he went to live in the land of promise, as in a foreign land, living in tents with Isaac and Jacob, heirs with him of the same promise. For he was looking forward to the city that has foundations, whose designer and builder is God. Hebrews 11:9-10
 
This morning, I continued my study of Leviticus using the Christ-Centered Exposition series commentary for this book - wrapping up chapter twenty-two - A Theology of Things  - covering Leviticus 25:1-55, looking specifically at the sixth and final theme for the chapter - God Will One Day Give Us Eternal Possessions.  Here, the commentary starts by describing how Israel never was obedient to God's commands for the Sabbath rest of the land. It points to 2 Chronicles 36:20-21 where Israel is taken into exile where during the exile God forces the Sabbath rest. The commentary then points to how our sin is no different than Israel's - we all sin and focus on earthly concerns, our material possessions, etc. We are then encouraged to store up treasures in heaven vs here on earth (Matthew 6:19-21).  As the theme for today aptly describes, Heaven is so much more glorious then our life in our earthly bodies. We are provided the following verses:
  • Revelation 21:4: No more tears in Heaven
  • John 14:2-3: God is preparing a place for us in Heaven
  • Hebrews 11:9-10: We look forward to the "city that has foundations, whose designer and builder is God 

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer: Jesus, You are an amazing God and I know You are saving a place for me in Heaven - thank You Jesus for creating such a place and for sealing me for eternity.  I am not deserving of such a God nor deserving of such a place.  My sin is great and it is daily - worry, etc.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love Your with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.