Monday, November 29, 2021

For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may receive what is due for what he has done in the body, whether good or evil.

Leviticus 26-27

For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may receive what is due for what he has done in the body, whether good or evil. 2 Corinthians 5:10

This morning, I continued my study of Leviticus using the Christ-Centered Exposition series commentary for this book - continuing chapter twenty-three (the final chapter) - Either-Or - covering Leviticus 26-27, looking specifically at the third theme for the chapter - God Judges Our Unfaithfulness.  Here, the commentary breaks down v13-39, where we see the details of God's judgement awaiting those who fail to heed God's commands as described in Leviticus.  God's judgement and punishment is described in the commentary as a "cycle of judgement five times....He was stating that He would give His people opportunity after opportunity to turn from their sin, but if they continued to be unfaithful, more judgement would come." The commentary points out that Nehemiah 9 writes about God's warnings from Leviticus 26 coming to pass, including God's cycle of judgement that repeated itself five times. Of course, believers familiar with the Old Testament understand that exile awaited those Israelites whose disobedience persisted. The commentary wraps by encouraging all believers to avoid disobedience to God - draw near to Him and stay near to Him. God brings about obedience through a daily, personal relationship with Him. We are referred to 2 Corinthians 5:10, Romans 14:10-12, and 1 Corinthians 3:12-15.

Comment and discuss this post here.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an amazing God who loves me and who is full of grace and compassion for me.  Thank You Jesus!  I am not deserving of such grace and compassion.  I sin...daily.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.