Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Faith In God vs Man

Today's Reading
2 Samuel Chps 10-11

I've been reading about how David was anointed by God and how God was with David everywhere he went.  When I read about people such as David it is tempting to worship the person vs see in the person what God has done and what God is doing.

We clearly cannot have faith in man in the same way that we have faith in God.  In this chapter (11) David commits adultery and murder:

But the thing David had done displeased the LORD (v26).

My Prayer: Lord, it is ONLY You who is perfect, pure and holy.  I on the other hand am unclean.  I sin daily at least in my heart if not with my body and sometimes overtly.  Thank you for your example, your love and of course for your death on the cross and resurrection as it is through these things I can be forgiven and live in eternity with you.  Help me Lord Father, purify me and help me have complete faith, trust and love with all of my heart in You.