Friday, January 14, 2011

Something Good Can Come of Something Bad

Today's Reading
2 Samuel Chp 12

Clearly David sinned.  Yet even with this sin God is able to create something good and it is always mysterious how he uses us and what we do for his glory.  After God as Nathan said struck down and killed the child born to David and Bathsheba, God shows mercy and does not kill David.  David then proceeds to have another son - Solomon:

24 Then David comforted his wife Bathsheba, and he went to her and made love to her. She gave birth to a son, and they named him Solomon. The LORD loved him; 25 and because the LORD loved him, he sent word through Nathan the prophet to name him Jedidiah (v24-25)

My Prayer: Lord, your designs and your plan are great.  I know I sin so please forgive me and thank you for mercy Lord.  Purify me and transform me and help me be more like you.  I love you Lord Christ.