Monday, September 5, 2011

I Need Protection From Evil Every Day

Psalm 17

I don't often reflect on how evil exists during my daily life.  Yet, for starters I need to remind myself that my own nature is sinful - if one could only understand my thoughts.  We are fallen - all of us human.  On top of that, I am surrounded by those every day that either have not accepted Jesus as their savior or they don't live as if they do (sometimes I have to counted as part of this sample).

Therefore I need protection more often than not.

8 Keep me as the apple of your eye;
   hide me in the shadow of your wings
9 from the wicked who are out to destroy me,
   from my mortal enemies who surround me. 

Just as David writes above, I seek refuge from God.

My Prayer: Lord, You are all powerful and You love me.  How great is that!  Forgive me for my sin, whether it is sinful thought or sinful acts. Protect me from my sinful nature and purify me of your sin.