Thursday, September 22, 2011

Be still before the LORD, and wait patiently for him

Psalm 37

As I continue with my study regarding small groups, I am reading up on prayer and this is an area of "unbalance" for me as it is framed in the workbook.  I need to grow in the area of prayer, particularly in the discipline of being silent and in the exercise of repeating certain prayers over and over again to allow them truly reach my heart.

I feel like I lead a hectic life and whether I do not does not mean I can pause to be with God because for goodness sake, He IS God and He wants to be with me and who would NOT want to be with Him?

My Prayer: Lord, You ARE all things and You are truth, the ONLY truth.  Forgive me when I make truth out of other people or other earthly things as you command us NOT to do!  Thank you for how you protect me and how you forgive me Lord.  Purify me if my idols and my sin and help me pause in life to be with you so I can grow to be more like you.