Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths.

Psalm 25

This is a great psalm because for me it goes to the core of what I am currently doing - I am reading God's word out of a hunger to know Him, to follow Him, and for Him to show me His ways and and His path for me!

Show me your ways, LORD,
   teach me your paths (verse 4)

...

[The Lord] guides the humble in what is right
   and teaches them his way (verse 9)

Right now I feel a greater sense of urgency in my life more so than I have ever felt as a believer  (since 1997).  I DO want God to show me His ways and His path for me.  I want to remain humble and I am ready to be humbled if I am not.

My Prayer: Lord, I KNOW I sin, yet you love me anyway and you are ready at any point to teach me everything and to spend time with me to coach me ANYTIME I want!  How awesome is that!  Forgive me Lord when you coach me and I don't do what you say.  Help me implement your teachings in my life and help me live a life that glorifies you Lord.