Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Then I acknowledged my sin to you, and did not cover up my iniquity...And you forgave the guilt of my sin.

Psalm 32

3 When I kept silent,
   my bones wasted away
   through my groaning all day long.
4 For day and night
   your hand was heavy on me;
my strength was sapped
   as in the heat of summer.

...

Then I acknowledged my sin to you
   and did not cover up my iniquity.
I said, “I will confess
   my transgressions to the LORD.”
And you forgave
   the guilt of my sin. 

 Last sermon at church, Pastor Scott spoke about how we often think about our sin as private and personal, but it is neither.  It is not personal in the respect that sin has ripple effects in our own lives and in the lives of others (i.e. family).   It is not private in that God knows.  And as David reminds us here there is emotional pain in thinking we can keep it private.  God may be disappointed that we sin but He is MORE disappointed with us when we think we can hide by not acknowledging our sin and by not seeking forgiveness.

My Prayer: Lord, that You forgive me for all of my sin is amazing.  I am indeed a sinful person.  My righteousness with others is something where I need your forgiveness and your help Lord.  Please help me.  Please help me always seek You out.  Help me seek You out daily and never hold anything back.