Thursday, February 16, 2012

18 So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

2 Corinthians 4

16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. 17 For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. 18 So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. 

Where are my eyes fixed?  My eyes are often fixed on earthly matters....not so much things but things to happen.  I want certain outcomes in my life and in the lives of my family.  However, I need not concern myself about outcomes as these are in the realm of God - I need to trust in God and have faith in Him that only He can transform hearts and lives.  God wants me to act in ways that please Him but not to have too much faith in my own abilities.

18 So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. 

The question is: am I acting in ways that demonstrate my faith so that others can see this daily renewal?

6 For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of God’s glory displayed in the face of Christ. 


My Prayer:  Lord, You are eternal and it is through You that I have eternal life - what an awesome gift!  Yet I don't act as if I have this gift and I imagine this is like spitting in Your face - how disrespectful and ungrateful I am!!  Please forgive me Lord!  Help me recognize the greatness of this gift and of course of Your love.  Help me fix my eyes not just on You but also on what lies beyond this life.  Please transform my heart and my life Lord Jesus.