Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Love never fails

1 Corinthians 13

I've never thought of this before but love needs to be a way of life.

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 

8 Love never fails.

...

 13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. 

When I wake in the morning, I am to serve others: my wife and my kids.  During the day when I work I am to serve others and glorify Christ.  When I study the bible or pray it is out of love for Christ.  When bad things happen I am to see how it is the love of Christ and for the glory of Christ.

I think of another verse right now:

[G]ive thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.  1 Thessalonians 5:16

I need more love...for God first and foremost then of course for others.  What is ironic is that today...on Valentine's Day, we need not look any further than God's love for each of us.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, what an awesome Valentine's Day!  You love me and like Pastor Scott said, it is an intentional love and an undescribeable  love - a love so significant that words are insufficient.  Thank You for this great love and this gift...for it is truly undeserved.  Forgive me that I have not loved You with all of my heart nor have I loved others as You desire me to.  Help me love Lord, You and others.  Purify and refine me Lord and transform my heart and my life.