Monday, February 20, 2012

We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us.

2 Corinthians 5 

16 So from now on we regard no one from a worldly point of view. Though we once regarded Christ in this way, we do so no longer. 17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here! 18 All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: 19 that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting people’s sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation. 20 We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God. 21 God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God. 

A few things I hear God saying to me:
1. Do not view anyone from a wordly view - instead view others as Jesus does
2. This is just as true for believers as it is for non-believers; we are not to hold any sin against others and view everyone as God's children.
3. We must live our lives as ambassadors for Christ - living openly as believers and allowing Christ to invade our hearts and lives.

In particular, this is important for those people in my life and I feel as if I fall short and throw myself at Christ's feet, not only to ask forgiveness, but also for strength and encouragement to be who God intends me to be.

My Prayer: Lord, I know You love me and I know I don't deserve Your love.  I fall short daily and in particular today I fall short in my role as an ambassador of Christ.  Please forgive me.  Help me be an ambassador for you - give me strength.  Invade my heart, speak to me, turn my life upside down Lord Jesus.  Please transform my heart and my life so that I can more fully live a live for You and to glorify You.