Friday, February 10, 2012

31 So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.

1 Corinthians 10

31 So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. 32 Do not cause anyone to stumble, whether Jews, Greeks or the church of God— 33 even as I try to please everyone in every way. For I am not seeking my own good but the good of many, so that they may be saved. 

It is not clear by others that all that I do it is for the glory of God.  It is not even clear by others, particularly non believers, that anything I do is for the glory of God!  Upon self examination, I feel damned!  Now I know that I am not damned, yet I feel somehow very immature in my faith.

How can I do something for the glory of God.  First of all, my actions must glorify God.  Second of all, whatever blessing I may experience I must acknowledge that it is from God.  Thirdly, every trial I may experience I must acknowledge that it is from God.  This is just a start but it begins to get me thinking about how - as encouraged by Paul - I am to "do it all for the glory of God".

My Prayer: Lord, Your works and Your will is perfect.  I have personally experienced Your work and Your hand in my life and I have also experienced Your perfect will in my life as trial turns to blessing.  You are truly amazing and it is amazing that You love me personally as only You can do.  Yet I am broken and I disobey.  You call me to grow and to glorify You - yet I do not.  Please forgive me.  Help me glorify You in all that I do - purify me; transform my heart and my life Lord Jesus.