Monday, April 29, 2013

“‘But the court will sit, and his power will be taken away and completely destroyed forever. Then the sovereignty, power and greatness of all the kingdoms under heaven will be handed over to the holy people of the Most High. His kingdom will be an everlasting kingdom, and all rulers will worship and obey him.’

Daniel 7

26 “‘But the court will sit, and his power will be taken away and completely destroyed forever. 27 Then the sovereignty, power and greatness of all the kingdoms under heaven will be handed over to the holy people of the Most High. His kingdom will be an everlasting kingdom, and all rulers will worship and obey him.’

Daniel's vision provides a glimpse of the end of times - the rapture when Jesus comes again to earth to save His kingdom.  For me, these verses provide yet another motivation to live with the end in mind.  We do not know when the appointed time will come so we are to be prepared.  We are also to prepare others and bring all others into the kingdom - on this latter mission I need help....on both really.

My Prayer: Lord, You created the universe and everything in it.  You are full of patience, gracy, and mercy.  That You love me and seek me is amazing...particularly because of my sin.  Thank You that You love me in spite of my sin.  Please forgive me for my lust, my selfishness, and my lack of patience...among my many sins. Help rid me of these sins and also help me so that Your desires are my desires.