Friday, April 12, 2013

I will put my Spirit in you and you will live[.]

Ezekiel 37

Due to their sin, God scattered the Israelites and destroyed Jerusalem.  Yet there is hope and restoration for those in despair, even for those who have sinned greatly and endured the wrath of God's anger.

I will put my Spirit in you and you will live[.] v14

11 Then he said to me: “Son of man, these bones are the people of Israel. They say, ‘Our bones are dried up and our hope is gone; we are cut off.’ 12 Therefore prophesy and say to them: ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: My people, I am going to open your graves and bring you up from them; I will bring you back to the land of Israel. 13 Then you, my people, will know that I am the Lord, when I open your graves and bring you up from them. 14 I will put my Spirit in you and you will live, and I will settle you in your own land. Then you will know that I the Lord have spoken, and I have done it, declares the Lord.’” v11-14

Although I am not currently in despair, I gain great comfort in knowing that my God is both a God of great power and great mercy.  His anger and disappointment for me are not an end in itself...instead they are because He loves me.  God punishes out of love.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are God full of love for me and You love me all the time no matter what I do...even when You punish me, You love me.  What a great God You are that You have such love for me. I am not deserving of such love.  I try and love You with all of my heart, mind, and soul but I fail often.  Thank You for loving me Jesus anyway but please forgive me.  Help me grow my love for You and help me so that Your desires are my desires.