Tuesday, April 30, 2013

“Do not be afraid, Daniel. Since the first day that you set your mind to gain understanding and to humble yourself before your God, your words were heard, and I have come in response to them."

Daniel 10

“Do not be afraid, Daniel. Since the first day that you set your mind to gain understanding and to humble yourself before your God, your words were heard, and I have come in response to them." v12

Blessings await those who submit to God.  While the Israelites continue to live in exile due to their the sin and wickedness, Daniel experiences blessing - here through encouragement by an angel sent by God.

My Prayer: Lord, You have blessed me beyond what I deserve, with words and signs of encouragement and love, but also through people and provision in my life.  I know You love me, despite what I do - and despite the fact that I continue to fall short of being the Godly man you intend me to be.  Thank You Jesus for such love, grace, mercy, patience, and blessing.  Please forgive me for my selfishness, my lack of patience, and critical words for others.  Help rid me of these sins.  Help me be more like You.  Help me so that Your desires are my desires.