Monday, April 15, 2013

“‘I will make known my holy name among my people Israel. I will no longer let my holy name be profaned, and the nations will know that I the Lord am the Holy One in Israel.

Ezekiel 39

“‘I will make known my holy name among my people Israel. I will no longer let my holy name be profaned, and the nations will know that I the Lord am the Holy One in Israel. v7

Yesterday, Pastor Scott sermoned on Acts 5, where Scott implored us to be in irreverent fear and respect for the Lord.

The same thing here applies in Ezekiel - where the Lord tells Ezekiel that His name will not be profaned.  This message is directed towards me, you, and all believers who willingly disobey and sin.  God's patience is not unlimited for those that sin openly like Ananias and his wife Sapphira from Acts 5:1-11.

My Prayer: Lord, You are pure and holy, and perfect.  I strive to be more like You.  Most of all Lord I strive to please You, if only because You desire this and I exist for this.  I fall down however often, with impatience, anger, and selfishness, just to name a few.  I know You Lord that You love me anyway, but please forgive me.  Help rid me of these sins and help me become more like You.  Help me so that Your desires are my desires and so that I can honor and delight You with my life everyday.