Friday, April 26, 2013

Now Daniel so distinguished himself among the administrators and the satraps by his exceptional qualities that the king planned to set him over the whole kingdom.

Daniel 6

Now Daniel so distinguished himself among the administrators and the satraps by his exceptional qualities that the king planned to set him over the whole kingdom. v3

I am challenged here to live a life that "so distinguishes" myself from others...in all that I do, including my work, my role as a husband, and father, and as a child of God.

Slaves, in reverent fear of God submit yourselves to your masters, not only to those who are good and considerate, but also to those who are harsh. 1 Peter 2:18

Even King Darius recognized Daniel's love of God:

When he came near the den, he called to Daniel in an anguished voice, “Daniel, servant of the living God, has your God, whom you serve continually, been able to rescue you from the lions?” v20


My Prayer: Lord, You are worthy of worship both through prayer and praise but also through life that pleases You.  You are great in so many ways, it is impossible to fully describe.  I desparately need You Jesus for I am imperfect and I sin.  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me Jesus...forgive me for my critical nature and my lack patience.  Help me be more like You.