Monday, April 8, 2013

Indeed, to them you are nothing more than one who sings love songs with a beautiful voice and plays an instrument well, for they hear your words but do not put them into practice.

Ezekiel 33

Indeed, to them you are nothing more than one who sings love songs with a beautiful voice and plays an instrument well, for they hear your words but do not put them into practice. v32

I think here of James to put faith into action:

22 Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. 23 Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like someone who looks at his face in a mirror 24 and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. James 1:22-24

I am often guilty of such sin - saying I am a believer but not acting as I am a believer.

My Prayer: Lord, Your are pure and holy and perfect - doing all that has been asked of You - even dying on the cross - for me.  And You are so full of love and compassion for me - even though I am not deserving.  Thank You Jesus.  Please forgive me for my weakness and lack of action.  Help me so that Your desires are my desires.  Help me so that I am more bold and in action.