Thursday, April 25, 2013

“But you, Belshazzar, his son, have not humbled yourself, though you knew all this. Instead, you have set yourself up against the Lord of heaven."

Daniel 5

I need to be a good example for my children...otherwise they will more easily fall prey to Satan.

Here in Daniel, as posted yesterday, for much of his life King Nebuchadnezzar worshipped gods other than the one and only true God and although ultimately he placed his faith in God, there were periods of his life where perhaps he might not have been a good example for his son Belshazzar who becomes king in Daniel 5.

18 “Your Majesty, the Most High God gave your father Nebuchadnezzar sovereignty and greatness and glory and splendor. 19 Because of the high position he gave him, all the nations and peoples of every language dreaded and feared him. Those the king wanted to put to death, he put to death; those he wanted to spare, he spared; those he wanted to promote, he promoted; and those he wanted to humble, he humbled. 20 But when his heart became arrogant and hardened with pride, he was deposed from his royal throne and stripped of his glory. 21 He was driven away from people and given the mind of an animal; he lived with the wild donkeys and ate grass like the ox; and his body was drenched with the dew of heaven, until he acknowledged that the Most High God is sovereign over all kingdoms on earth and sets over them anyone he wishes.

22 “But you, Belshazzar, his son, have not humbled yourself, though you knew all this. 23 Instead, you have set yourself up against the Lord of heaven.

Of course, I seek to be the best example I can for Zach and Dustin.  Yet a huge part of this is prayer and faith....

My Prayer: Lord, You ARE the one and only God.  You are God of all things and capable of all things.  And You love me...all of me...despite my failings.  Thank You Lord Jesus for such love but please forgive me for my critical nature.  Help me be encouraging to Lisa so that I can be viewed as encouraging to Zach and Dustin...please help me do this.