Wednesday, May 1, 2013

The two kings, with their hearts bent on evil, will sit at the same table and lie to each other, but to no avail, because an end will still come at the appointed time.

Daniel 11-12

The two kings, with their hearts bent on evil, will sit at the same table and lie to each other, but to no avail, because an end will still come at the appointed time. 11:27

Here, I see that wickedness is defeated by other wickedness and ultimately leads to a life of shame and evererlasting contempt (hell):

Multitudes who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake: some to everlasting life, others to shame and everlasting contempt. 12:2.

For those who believe and who are righteous, heaven and eternal life awaits.

Those who are wise will shine like the brightness of the heavens, and those who lead many to righteousness, like the stars for ever and ever. 12:3

My Prayer:  Lord, You are pure, perfect and holy...and You provide both life here on earth and eternal life in heaven for those who believe in You.  What amazing gifts.  For me, I am not deserving.  I have critical thoughts and I don't encourage people with words as You desire me to.  Thank You for loving me anyway but please forgive me.  Help me rid myself of this sin.  Purify and transform my heart Lord Jesus.  Please make Your desires and thoughts my desires and thoughts.